September 1, 2014
Exploring Kyoto Gardens:
• Click on a garden name in the right hand column to go on a virtual stroll. While holding the mouse button down, move the mouse left or right to explore the gardens in 360 (trackpad users simply need to move their finger horizontally across the track pad). When the cursor changes to an arrow, click the mouse button to move to the next area of the garden. To zoom in, press the Shift key. To zoom out, press the Command key on the Macintosh and the Control key on Windows & Linux.
• To learn more about the details of a specific garden, move the mouse over the I (Information) button located at the bottom of the display.
• To see a map of the garden and your present location, move the mouse over the M (Map) button located at the bottom of the display. A red dot marks your present location within the garden. To see a map of Kyoto and a garden’s location, click on the Temple Location link (under Map) in the right hand column.
• To view a slide show of garden pictures, click the Kyoto Gardens Album link on the right hand side of the display.
• To read one of the six research articles in the Research Library, simply click on a title.